Thursday, March 05, 2009

Sometimes life doesn't lend itself to neat and tidy blog posts. Things happen everyday that I want to remember though, that I don't want to let escape through the cracks of my memory and so I think I'll smoosh a bunch of them together and write them here.

These days are full of things like...

Amelia and Sam waking me up Tuesday morning after Joel had bathed them. They climbed onto the bed in their diapers, with combed, wet hair and smelling like Honey and Milk lotion. I just wanted to eat them up.

Joel and Sammy going up and down the escalators at the neighborhood big box book store. Meanwhile, I was watching Amelia sitting in a big chair pouring over a little National Geographic kids magazine. She looked so little in that chair and yet the moment pulled me into the future, her furrowed brow pouring some important research topic or such. Sniff,sniff.

Joel and I working on baby shower invites for Shanyn, cutting and glueing and addressing. I love when we do projects together, and what could be better than doing something to prepare for the arrival of our precious nephew!

Me feeling overwhelmed that homemaking will always be a challenge...it just doesn't come naturally and yet it is something I so desire to be competent in, and so I continue to hope for growth and motivation. If I were on the MTV show MADE, I would want to be made into a confident, joyful homemaker:) Did I just write that?

More and more make believe. They have a basket of horses and cows and chickens, a lion, hippo, duck, and bird and have started playing with them a lot. They make them all eat and kiss each other and hop and swim. It's really the cutest thing ever. Amelia is especially fond of hippos these days and usually has a little wooden one that Joel brought home from Africa clutched in her hand during much of the day:)

I guess that's all for now, though I feel like there is so much more. Oh, have I told you that we are journeying to Texas in a couple of weeks? Oh yes, we are. More on that later.

All for tonight,
Jen

2 comments:

The Klentzmans said...

You know, I really also have the desire in my heart to be a clean and tidy house person, and it just doesn't ever seem to come together. I try and try. I make schedules, I pick up constantly, and it is always a mess. I don't know how people do it. I saw my neighbor with a Merry Maids car in front of their house and decided that that is how clean houses must get clean, because I don't know any real mommies who can actually do it!

Hayden and Kelly said...

Jen, Really, how can you not be confident in home making? you are mother of the century I SWEAR! whenever i read your blog i find myself thinking, wow, she is amazing, how can i be more like that? i feel so, um, pooy mothering next to someone like you. you are amazing. never doubt it. never question it. so, exciting news, hayden got an interview for next monday (16th). wow, we really might do this. the second we feel "settled" off we may go again. but i must say, i love it. what a short fun adventure. and what an amazing experience for him. love you girl. miss you! write me soon xoxo