Sunday, March 15, 2009

Raising our voices...

One of my favorite things in the world is to be surrounded by people lifting their voices in song. At church this morning as our choir sang (such a special treat!) I thought back to times in my life where I just soaked up the voices around me. Specifically I was thinking of a time when I found myself in a National Children's Choir. I really (no, seriously) don't know how I ended up in Kansas City surrounded by all of those children with angelic voices singing in Latin and French and such. Mostly I was just standing there in rehersals terrified that the strict older lady conducting us would call my name and tell me to sing a song in a different language. I was afraid she would call my bluff. She never did though, and I was able to just soar. I always felt like my spirit was soaring when I was in a choir experience like that. It's how I feel still when I hear choirs like our little one at church, made up of people so different, so diverse and yet raising their voices as one. Last week we stayed late after church and the choir started to practice. Sam and Amelia stood in awe and so I pulled up three chairs for us and they sat and listened for a while. I couldn't help thinking while we were sitting there that I hope one of them will love to sing and, dare I say, want to be involved in a chorus. Of course I will cheer them on in whatever pursuit they decide to devote some time to, but sitting there watching them sing, seeing their little spirits soar, that would be such a joy for me:)

Anyway, not sure where that all came from, but there you go!

In other news, we are busy getting ready to head to Texas on Tuesday (Joel will join us in a bit). HIs mama is here and will help me with the trip down, thank the Lord!

Also, my computer is broken! Honestly, it is a good thing. It has finally forced me to deal with how much time I was spending on it! I have decided not to get it fixed for now and just check e-mail and write some blog posts in the evenings on Joel's computer. So, yes, that probably means you won't hear as much from me. Just know that it is a really good thing for our little family right now, and that when I get some better habits formed as far as the way I spend my time, I'll get that computer fixed and hopefully find a better balance.

So, here is a random picture for you of the little ones until next time. On to Texas we go! Jen

Eating breakfast in the sunny kitchen:)

3 comments:

ann.e said...

I love the sunny colors :)

We are going to miss you!!! Have so much fun!

xoxo
a+V

Anonymous said...

oh no, i will go through withdrawls without frequent posts.

the schilps said...

hope you guys have a fantastic trip, jenny. enjoy time with your mama and warm weather and being surrounded by the people you love most. thanks for keeping up so closely with our family while away. can't wait to catch up with you.
love
abbe