Friday, March 06, 2009

In like a lion...



Oh March, you are such a tease! Skirt and sunshine weather one day and snow the next. Ah well, we leave in less than two weeks for the warmth of Texas and when we get back I know it will be lamb like weather and I can't wait. I am trying to relish these last snowflakes, but I'm not doing a very good job. The tease was just too much.

And yes, this little lion sandwich was created while talking with Jfer on the phone today as the babes napped. He turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself:) You can find this idea and many more here. As I was spreading the peanut better and jelly I was thinking of my mama and all of the special heart shaped, happy face, etc. etc. sandwiches she made us throughout the years. Thanks mama for making the ordinary so special.

Love to you guys on this snowy March day,
Jen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my pleasure!
love,
mom

ann.e said...

cute!! what did they think?? yes, today was toooo cold.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is such a cute idea! I am trying desperately to figure out ways to get my little ones to eat sandwiches...so far the train is the only one that they kind of ate. Must try this soon! Thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

adorable, Jen!!! and I bet you had lots of fun fixing it! Wonder what you would fix for Joel...maybe an entire zoo of characters would fill that tummy! :) I too wonder what the babies did when they saw those cute sandwiches??? Was their lots of "roaring" going on??? I love your never-ending quest for creative, loving ways to serve the babes! See you soooon! love ya...sheddy

The Klentzmans said...

I love it. I have read that making food look like fun things will encourage your child to eat them... Mia would just dismantle this one and play with it and leave PBJ streaks all over the table I'm afraid... : )

Jenny said...

sorry that it has taken me a while to answer your questions as to how the babes reacted to their lion sandwich:) Sam gave a few roars and then went on his way and Amelia just pushed the shredded carrots away and ate the rest! It's okay though, I really just thought of it as practice for when they are older and plus I was just feeling crafty:)