Tuesday, June 13, 2006

In the midst of busyness....


This week has been full.Subbing for my co-instructor Rick in the mornings,tutoring in the afternoons, coming home for a couple of hours, and then subbing for him again in the evenings makes for a long day! In the midst of this busyness, though, I have had such tender moments with the students, with sweet Joelie, and have just felt more content overall--maybe it was my thankfullness pictures putting me back in the right mindset:) I had a precious conversation with a student today whose dream is to get into Texas A&M. I'll just say that it helped me understand the pressure and stress these students are under academically from their parents, from themselves, and from their cultures. It broke my heart for him. I was rushing out of the office when he came to talk. I was a little annoyed to stop and sit back down to listen. I'm so glad that I did. Once again the Lord showed me that in the midst of all life's busyness, people are what matter. Thanks for the reminder. Jen

PS. More thankfulness pictures soon:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I'm so happy to have finally been able to see your "blog" spot. I'm thrilled that you and Joel are adjusting so wonderfully and that you are having amazing experiences. Isn't God just the best?! We are well. Waiting on babies. B&B finally bought a house. Closing 6/20. Y&Trisha are still looking, so Will and I are still waiting for the little blue house. Am teaching an amazing new SS class. Ladies, 75-86. What a blast! Could go on and on, but I don't think space will allow. Love, Carolynnn

Anonymous said...

CAROLYNN!!!! I need your e-mail address. I have really been missing you. I'll be in town in July and we MUST get together. I love imagining you w/ your new SS class and can't wait to hear stories:) Love ya, Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't identify that plant! You'll have to show me in person.