Thursday, June 29, 2006

A friend is...


" A friend is a bay where you can anchor your boat in bad weather."

Another great metaphor and beautiful picture from one of my students. Speaking of friendship...

We had a friend of Joel's from school over tonight for dinner.
I love watching him with his friends. He is always so interested, so full of great questions and appreciation for what their heart speaks. He finds true joy in people, in stories, in shared experiences. How blessed I feel to be the one closest to his heart. I am often caught off guard by his interest in my thoughts. I start to say something, thinking that only I would find this interesting and that maybe I should just cut the story short. Then I look up and see those big, brown eyes waiting and smiling at my words. My heart wells up with thankfulness to know that he is indeed my friend. He is truly a bay where I can anchor my boat in bad weather and in calm seas as well.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Joelie, listening to our friend Matt...

So lovely is he.

2 comments:

xianfu said...

a friend is someone who always with you no matter ur rich or poor, sad or happy.. thats how I define it.. ^^... fRIENDS!!! wat a lovely blog here... visit my blog and tell me wat do u think about it InvernoKL keep up all the good works.. rocKZ!! :p take care, xian

xianfu said...

a friend is someone who always with you no matter ur rich or poor, sad or happy.. thats how I define it.. ^^... fRIENDS!!! wat a lovely blog here... visit my blog and tell me wat do u think about it InvernoKL keep up all the good works.. rocKZ!! :p take care, xian