Friday, January 04, 2013

Today's play...

I know I write a lot about the kids' play, but if you know me, you know it's something I'm passionate about! So, just wanted to record today...a pretty typical day of play.
First, after breakfast Sam said he'd like us to come to his picture " gallery" which would be on the couch. We could buy tickets. I asked where he had heard about galleries and he said on a Sparkle story called "Art Walk". I see inspiration from these stories in their play pretty often and i think it's pretty awesome. So, after Jubilee went down for her nap Amelia and I sat on the couch and Sam showed us his "gallery" which were the pictures he had taken in his new camera. Aside from the fact that it took everything in me not to grab the camera and throw it across the room each time an unfortunate candid shot of me came across the screen, we had a great time. :)
During school we were talking about how different animals blend into their surroundings to hide from predators but how they ,and we, can never hide from God- and never need to. That led to a rousing game of hide and seek- which led to a certain someone being a bad sport, which is something that we are working through.
But the best part of play today was the hours ( four-ish probably) that S and A spent playing together with cars, dinosaurs, dragons, and lizards. Amelia tells everyone that will listen these days that she loves animals with scales and that she watched " How to Train a Dragon and fell in love with it." And she did! She got ten dollars for Christmas and when we went in the toy store she was full of conversation about how hard it would be not to get another Barbie ( " just tell me when you see the Barbie section so I can close my eyes so I don't cry or get really angry" oh my.), but the minute she saw this set of dragons, the Barbie was long forgotten- haha. Anyway, I'm so thankful they are still such playmates and that no matter what phases of toys they each go through ( Barbies, dolls, Legos, etc.) they always find common ground.
Ok, that's all for tonight. Need to go help a baby get to sleep! Jen







No comments: