Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Just some things...

These early mornings with Jubilee have their perks. Quiet. Just me and mama kitty in the living room while Jubilee eats her first breakfast of the day (voracious eater, that one!).
___________

This morning I woke up as I heard Joel getting ready ( he has a very early morning job at a methadone clinic) and I just lay there and appreciated from my head to my toes how warm and cozy I was. Then I thought of his patients- from his main job, not the methadone clinic) and imagined them waking up at their camps or in a shelter dreading the cooooold that they would be out in all day. Man, we have so much to be thankful for.
____________

Yesterday in the car Amelia said to me, " Mom, this might be really upsetting to you, but I really want a Barbie mermaid party when I turn six!" Haha, she knows her mama well. If I ever throw a Barbie themed birthday party, well, I don't even know what. From Waldorf dolls and play silks to plastic Barbie dolls and My Little Ponies ( that look like alien ponies now, apparently).....oh how far the mighty ( pious?) fall. Haha
____________

Besides the middle child in me missing feedback and people validating me with "likes", being Facebook free has been so good. I do miss seeing how faraway friends are doing and hearing their stories, etc. but the trade off was too great for me and my family. Maybe one day when I gain more self control, I'll try again. Ahem.
____________

Well, we found out we are having a baby BOY in May and we are all so thrilled! Want to know the name we're thinking of? Ok, I'll tell you:) Oliver. We just love it. Not sure why it would change at this point, but Joel likes to keep his options open:)
__________

Ok folks, the rest of the house is rising so I must go. This week is finally going to be a normal one activity wise...and following weeks of sickness and then Christmas break, we are anxious to get back to ballet, homeschool PE, art class, etc. All for now,
Jen



5 comments:

Megan Sandoz said...

Excellent. I like this whole posting more often thing :) I love keeping up with your days! And Amelia cracks me up! :) Love, Megan

Megan Sandoz said...

Excellent. I like this whole posting more often thing :) I love keeping up with your days! And Amelia cracks me up... "this might be upsetting to you, but....." ha! Love, Megan

anna said...

I love the name Oliver. It is super cute.
2 boys 2 girls so perfect
love ya

Christina said...

Congrats! I love reading your blog Jenny, I love seeing old friends from slc/old new song days with similar interests and following their lives. Congrats on the news of a new baby! We'll be thinking and praying for you! :)

ann.e said...

hmmm.. middle child validated by "likes".. sounds like someone I know :) I haven't had my iphone for... a day. and it's been slightly nice.

I love Oliver too!!!