Thursday, January 03, 2013

A few randoms...

One thing I want to remember from today is that Jubilee gave good morning hugs for the first time to both Sam and Amelia, just all on her own as they came down the stairs and into the kitchen...it was really the sweetest thing. Especially sweet as she has been going through some beginning stages of toddler antics and attitude, such as hitting herself in the head with my cell phone, crying and getting mad at it and throwing it, then getting it and doing it again and again! Oh Jubilee Rose. So, we really cheer on those sweet and gentle moments!:)
Mmmm, I made this corn/potato chowder today for my lunch that was deeelicious! I think it was spurred on by an energetic boost gained from having a friend from church over that I've been wanting to get to know better- but then I fizzled by dinner time and pizza was ordered! Haha, ah well . Oh, the chowder recipe was "Potato Soup" from Simply in Season, of course. It's practically the only cookbook I use!
Ok, that's it! Joel's showing the kiddos pictures of Africa he took in Ghana and Ethiopia and I don't want to miss it ( we are studying Zebras and other animals found in Africa in school right now:)!
All for now,
Jen



2 comments:

ann.e said...

yay - just checked to see if you had kept up with your not-a-resolution to write on here more. Isn't it a good exercise in reflection? I'm glad you inspired me to keep a blog in the first place!

Jenny said...

Haha- yes, so far so good on my not-a- resolution!:)