Sunday, August 05, 2012

Tales from the coast: day one

We got to the coast late this afternoon after winding through the beautiful, lush, green Oregon forests on the drive from Portland. Man, I just wanted to hunker down in a little cabin and read and write and drink chai tea somewhere deep in that forest- but the coast was waiting for us!
Sammy said it best after he saw the ocean for the first time. He said, "Mama? I feel like I'm dreaming." It really does feel like a dream. All of us piled into a little cottage ( a bit
outdated but cute and oh, so cheap, and it couldn't be a dream for me if it wasn't a great deal- ha!) right by the shore, the house lined with brilliant blue hydrangea. Behind the house is that green, green forest.
We walked down to see the tide pools tonight and Sam spotted a starfish right away. Oh my, he was SO excited. Amelia was bounding over the rocks, barefoot of course, being the wild adventurer that she is.
We are so very thankful. To have made it here safely, to be here with family, to see and experience this amazing part of the country.
Going to bed feeling very tired and very happy, Jen

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh, the Pacific Northwest is one of those parts of the country I've never been to but I SO want to see! Enjoy your time there...