Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tales from the coast: Day 7

Our last day at the coast. Boo. I have really, really enjoyed this trip. It really has felt like a dream to experience such a different and magical part of the country, to watch our children explore and enjoy the tidepools and the forest and their family, to have that time of solitude yesterday, to have another family adventure and to see dear friends along the way ( more tomorrow!), it has just been good and I'm so very thankful. Oh how I hope we come back here year after year, but if we don't I hope that documenting this time will help me remember. The green, green goodness all around. The bizarre and amazing tidepools. Both the calm and the wild of the ocean. The cousins playing and playing in the yard and in their upstairs room with the secret closet. Family soccer games and walks in the evenings. All of it. Except for the teething issues. We can forget those!:)
Anyway, I'll end by showing some pictures that Joel took this morning when he and his dad took the kids outdoors. He described their time as "magical". Yeah, we've been throwing that word around a lot here. It can't be helped:)
Thanks for reading along! Jen

1 comment:

ann.e said...

I would say the Oregon coast is definitely magical!! beautiful pictures, I'm glad you blogged along the way :)