Thursday, August 09, 2012

Tales from the coast: Day 5

Today was a chill out day...which was a good thing after another hard night with Jubilee. We had a nice week long break from teething woes, but they are back in full force with fever, fussiness, sleeplessness, etc. I know it's just a short season in the big picture, but man it has really been a defining factor of her 8th, 9th, and 10th months of life:/ Poor babe. Poor mama. Ok, whine fest over!
I got up and started the prep work for chicken enchiladas I was making the crew for lunch. Everyone went down to the beach and while Jubilee napped, I had a nice time alone in the kitchen, listening to Fernando Ortega, feeling the breeze whip through the open windows while I worked, cutting some hydrangea for the table...it was lovely. The crew came home, lunch was eaten, the girls went to the little town for some window shopping and the guys and kids went back to the beach.
Now the day is winding down, the baby is finally asleep and Joel and I are settling into the living room to eat brownies and read...ahhhh. Tomorrow most everyone is going on a whale watching trip, but gpa Jim, myself and Jubilee will be having another chill out day at home. I get super sea sick and the thought of trying to care for a teething babe while simultaneously trying not to throw up for 2 hours, just doesn't sound appealing:)
I can't believe our time here is dwindling...boo. Although, life is full at home and the Hunts will be with us through mid September, so there is a lot to look forward to! Still, this has been such a rich time and I'd love to just stay here in this cool, fresh ( but not cold!) air and keep exploring. Ah well, so thankful for this time we have had- my goodness!
Jen

2 comments:

ann.e said...

the only time I've been in a boat on the ocean was in Oregon... and I did throw up the whole 2 hours :/

Miss you guys, glad you're having a wonderful time!

Jenny said...

So glad I didn't go! They had a great time, but Joel said it was Super rocky and that I would gave gotten so sick. Whew!