Thursday, August 02, 2012

A modern day, middle class miracle!

Yesterday, I was scurrying around cleaning my heart out while Jubilee was asleep. The kids were just out of the bath and watching a movie while I rushed around trying to get the house in order so that I could pack for our trip to the coast today. I wanted to get it clean before the Hunts arrived that afternoon so that I could relax with them for a bit before packing.
I was resigning myself to the fact that the house wasn't going to be done, and we'd come home to a bit of a mess. Boo. I actually thought I had bought a groupon for a cleaning service and I was going to have them come before we left, but alas, I guess it had just been a thought- because when I went to get my code before calling I realized I hadn't ever bought it! Aaaaanyway, I was thinking about this all when Jubilee woke up and I went upstairs to get her. While up there, the doorbell rang. I went down with baby to answer it.
There stood a cleaning angel!:) It was a lady my mom knew from work that helped us clean a couple of times months ago! I couldn't imagine why she was at our house but I happily asked her in. Sadly, she had lost her job and was wondering if I might need any help!! I was, like " UM, YES!!" She stayed and helped me get the house ready and we both just kept thanking each other:)
I wish I was disciplined or organized or energetic enough to say I have figured out the key to " doing it all"- keeping a clean, tidy house and living life with the kids and baby and cooking, etc. etc. Tools like FlyLady help me lots, but boy, sometimes a girl just "needs" a modern day, middle class miracle. Yesterday, I got one, and it was pretty fabulous:) I looked around as we walked out the door today and let out a sigh of happiness that we'd be coming home to clean toilets, floors, rooms, etc. I'm not alone in this, right?!
So, we are now on the road! I think we are most excited to see Sam experience the ocean for the first time. That boy has loved the sea and its creatures since he was born I think, but has never seen it in person! Oh, the thought of him collecting shell after shell almost makes me teary- he has dreamed of it for so long. I'm going to try and blog from my phone so I don't have to play catch up when we get home. We'll see how it goes! All for now, Jen

1 comment:

ann.e said...

no way! that is so cool :) yes coming home to a clean house is priceless. not that it's happened too often, or ever...