Saturday, April 23, 2011

Birthday fun: round 2!

Today was the babes 4th birthday party at the Gardens. Mmm, I just love that place. It felt sort of like a cop out to not do a "home-made party" at the house, but I'm so glad we chose the worm party! The party was in the Sprout House, which is the education center in the Children's Garden. It always feels so earthy and ferny in there, and today was no different. The kids got to paint pots, learn about composting and observe (and hold) the worms out of the composter, search for toy worms in the snake tunnel outside, and plant Thyme. Whew! It was an action packed hour:) Then it was on to cake. I must say, the first time I saw a dirt cake was at a wedding shower I had. I seriously thought it was the greatest thing EVER! I was so excited to make these for Sam and Amelia's party. Presents were so generously given and Amelia cracked us up by not letting go of her bag of presents for ANYTHING. It was so heavy but she would not put it down. Oh my. I think Sam was overwhelmed a bit by the whole thing, but not nearly as much as he was last year and for that I'm so thankful. He had a blast playing outside with friends after the inside festivities were over.

So, now we are home, feeling pooped out but happy and not nearly as pooped out as we would if we would have had the party here! So thankful for sweet little friends, and their mamas and daddies too.

Happy 4th Birthday to my little garden lovers, I think it is going to be a great year!! Mama










No comments: