Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our little spitfire...



Today Amelia was repeatedly asking for Cheerios. I told her no because we had just eaten not long before. She went in to use the bathroom and from the kitchen I heard her yell, " If you don't fix me some lunch I'm gonna go shoot an animal and eat it!" "What did you just say?" I asked. Again, clear as a bell she yelled, " If you don't fix me some lunch I'm gonna go shoot an animal and eat it!" Oh, she makes me laugh!!!

This from a girl who lives in a home with no real nor toy weapons, who has never seen a movie with a gun used in it! We have talked about what guns are used for after she saw some friend's toy guns and that lovely machine gun on an arcade game she walked by and Pa's gun in our Little House books. The latter is where today's comment originated from I think.

Anyway, just want to keep track of some of the things they say:) Like today Sam said that he was going "to drive the Kinney's burben to old McDonalds and then go to the tool store.":) A little guy after his grandpas' own hearts-his Papa Joel works at a "tool store" and Grandpa Jim can build just about anything! (Ahem, how does he know what Old McDonalds is?! Okay, okay it's my fault--I just can't resist their playground sometimes on snowy, blustery mornings! I know this grieves Joel's heart that our children can identify both Taco Bell and McDonalds. Oh, and Chick Fil-A. Maybe Starbucks. I better stop now. Love you Joelie! Trying to get better in that arena, I promise! )

All for now,
Jenny

(p.s. Do I at least get some points that they have no idea what a Happy Meal is? Come on now!)

4 comments:

capturing said...

Oh you and your kids are so funny. I always love reading your posts! Happy New Year to you and your family!

ann.e said...

I think you get point because he MAY have been wanting to go to Old McDonald's farm :) and yours may know about taco bell and mcdonald's, but mine knows all the princesses' names and that she wants to go to Disneyland. She even recognizes the WORD Disney - "that belongs to the princesses" arg.

Anonymous said...

How funny ! Your blog makes my day :} Tool Store Papa

erin said...

My kids do know what a happy meal is. They and I love Chick-fil-a and they even know they can trade in their toys for ice-cream if they are really good. So I thin you are doing good. Oh and Cami, when we drive by our favorite indie coffee shop her she'll yell... "look, decaf." haha.