Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I know this much is true, if we were all as demonstrative in our reactions to seeing our friends as these little ones are I think the world would be a better place: )

Do you remember this video of the babes watching their friend Vera arrive for a visit?


Well, fast forward almost two years and things haven't changed much. Today I went and picked Vera up to come over to play for the afternoon. As I drove into our driveway, Amelia burst out onto the porch screaming and laughing and jumping up and down and saying, "Vera! Vera! Vera" As she ran down to the car and I opened Vera's door, Vera said, "Amelia! I am soooo excited to see you! I've missed you! " Amelia replies, "I miss-ted you too Vera! I love your sweater!" Then Vera got out and they gave each other a huge hug and walked inside and started playing. Well actually, Vera ran inside yelling "Saaaaam? Saaaaaam?" He was still napping, but was up soon and got to play for a bit before leaving with his daddy and grandpa.

Anyway, it's just the sweetest most honest thing ever. Oh, and they had just been at pre-school together this morning, so it wasn't like they hadn't seen each other in a long time! Hahaha.

So, my life long friend Abbe Jo was here yesterday and I got to spend the day with her and her sweet, sweet family (I need pictures guys!) and I just want to tell you Abbe that Amelia's reaction to Vera was how I felt inside when you and I were finally reunited:) You and your kind husband and cute and funny Asher and smooshy doll baby Lucy.

Sad are goodbyes though(especially if you are Amelia, to whom friendship holds paramount importance), and it does usually come to that doesn't it?

Whether you will see your friend at pre-school in two days or maybe, sigh, not for years, I am so thankful for friendships and the time we have together. New and old and in-between, they are such a gift.

All for now,
Jen

P.S. In unrelated news, I ran down to get the camera cord a minute ago, and this is what I saw:

Um, hello winter, I guess we decided to skip fall this year? WAAAAAH!

3 comments:

ann.e said...

ah I love a good honest friendship :)

*and it's supposed to get nice again this weekend! winter's not here yet...

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love hearing about those sweet young friendships and treasure the memories of that precious relationship that you and Abbe had.
ummm, Jen, it looks chilly there...
Much love,
Mammy

the schilps said...

oh jenny, can we please not make it so long???!!! our van made it all the way to texas, so, i think it will definitely make it to SLC again! hopefully, we will not break down and become permanent house guests again :)

love you and love your friendship. loved our time together and it makes me look forward to even more.

abbe

oh, and, i will put pictures on FB. casey got some GOOD ones :)