Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Whew, today was a fussy one. Lots of crying and whining and time outs and, I hate to admit, raised voices. By rest time I was just ready for a new day! Thankfully, we get one of those tomorrow:) But to end this one on a good note, I thought I would share some pictures of sweet moments I was able to capture. They really are plentiful.

First up: Little friends.
These three have been visiting Red Butte Gardens together since they were barely walking!


Here they are this morning in a brief moment of peace. They were so adorable working together making a birthday cake for their cows and singing "Happy Birthday" to them over and over.

Meet JJ. Is he cute or what?! We feel so thankful to have he and his fabulous parents living right next door! I'm hoping Amelia didn't scare him away yesterday as she professed her love for him about 25 times while he was over playing:) "I love you JJ because you are a big boy! I love you JJ because you are my best friend named JJ. I just love you JJ."

Here they are making banana bread...they were so proud and serious about their job!

Oh, and big friends are pretty wonderful too. Really, what would we do without them? Here are our book study friends--hope you guys don't mind being on the blog:)
Ok, a few other favorite things of late:
A new rug to add some color to the dining room (Land of Nod $10 yard sale find!)

These beautiful roses pouring in from our front yard bushes. Also, this new cookbook ( .25 yard sale find!). Already made some yummy salad dressing, banana bread, and spaghetti sauce. Mmmm. Simple, whole foods recipes.

Joelie's garden work: Making this house a home!
See (Jenny)? Lots of good stuff going on. Here's to hoping that tomorrow will be a more peaceful, loving day! Jen

5 comments:

Robin said...

Oh my goodness!!! Your yard looks amazing...and your garden. Ours was well intended, but superseded by Lucy's arrival. Nonetheless, we have had a few red tomatoes, a few red strawberries and a few red habanero peppers. We'll take that for year one!

the schilps said...

jenny, i love how inviting your home feels. here to hoping one day i will get to share a meal with you at that table, while our little ones feet patter around on the wood floor!

love you. hope today was better.
abbe

Anonymous said...

jenny, I too am thankful that every day is new. And so often, I find that when 4:00 rolls around, I already wish it was a new day. It is compounded when the hubs is away and 4 little boys seem more like 4 little bear cubs. Two more days of school and then summer vacation. This is the last year I'll have 3 at home, Fin starts Kindergarten in the fall, so I'm trying to savor this time. All this to say, I have to admit, it is nice to know that even you raise your voice once and a while (although I CANNOT even fathom it!). You are an encouragement! Thanks :)

love mary

Shanyn Zink said...

Oh, Joel!! I LOVE LOVE love the terraced garden! Cool. Man- ya'll have a GREAT yard for cultivating, with all that sun. I can see a big compost bin somewhere there too. I want one (a compost pile) so bad. It saves SO much money. Working on making that happen. Shan

capturing said...

Your house and yard look great!