Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Two babes asleep in their beds, fan whirring and music playing as they sleep. Mammy painting a mural in their bathroom, bold with her decisions of color and space. Mama reading a good book, hungrily turning the pages while the warm summer breeze blows through the window. The cherry tree outside the window. The tree we have watched so closely, waiting and watching as the tree went from bare to blooms to green to red and now it is waiting for us to come and pick it's fruit.

I want to take the time to write about each of these summer scenes as they come, but it is hard to take the time in this season. I want to write about our yard sale finds, our summer salad recipe we can't stop making, our trips to the new community center, seeing Chicago tonight at Red Butte, finally breaking through my adoption paperwork funk, how I am so looking forward to seeing my Texas family in a week, and so much more! Maybe I will get back in a writing rhythm soon, but I won't make any promises:)

All for now,
Jen

1 comment:

capturing said...

Such goodness! Yay!