Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Same Kind of Different as Me"...

If you haven't read this book, go read it now. Seriously. Go get it. It's a short read but one that won't leave you for a long time. One that will incorporate itself into your soul and change you. I have read so many books like this lately, I can hardly believe it. This has been the spring and summer of soul reading. To name a few, "There is no me without you", "Mountains beyond Mountains", "All Over But the Shoutin'" ....man oh man.

What does this picture have to do with reading soul books? Well, this picture was taken at about 1 am. I was finishing "Same Kind of Different than Me" and literally sobbing as I read it. (Yes, Joel and Amelia can both sleep with the light on and apparently sleep through me sobbing my eyes out.) Anyway, I just kept staring over at them and my heart was almost bursting with love. You know, those times when you hear a story about the kind of growth and beauty that can come from heart ache and sorrow-- and you know that your life will probably see some of that pain and sorrow too someday (if it already hasn't) and you are thankful for the knowledge that God is in the business of returning beauty for ashes but you are also thankful for the peace and joy that is your life right that very minute? Yep, that's how I was feeling. So, I got up and found the camera and took a picture.

All for now,
jen

Now, go get the book. Then tell me what you think about it:) Oh, and have a box of kleenex handy.

6 comments:

ann.e said...

yes I want to read it! and that is a very sweet picture - would have made me sentimental too :)

The Bittles said...

so true - i read it about a year ago and it comes to mind often. it just shows how God uses those who are willing to love others the way He does. Amazing read!

Esther said...

I love when they sleep with their arms up in the air. All three of my children-and my husband- do that! Sweet picture!

Jana said...

Oh my goodness, Chip and I listened to that book on tape on a drive to Dallas. We both cried our eyes out...had to turn it off when we got into Dallas traffic.
Life changing.

Unknown said...

we stole it from your mamas cabin on the 4th...we will start it soon!

Unknown said...

PS- very random, but have you ever heard of a child gagging at the thought of eating ICE CREAM* and then spitting it out.... YEP.