Sunday, August 03, 2008

Our boy is back in town...

I know, I know. He has been back from Ghana for weeks now. That doesn't really count, though, because after a few days off he was back in the saddle at a new rotation and at one point worked 13 hour shifts 8 days in a row. We were both in need of a break, to say the least.

Cue the music. "HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, halleeeyluujah..."

Joel James Hunt has essentially finished Physician Assistant school and graduates on Friday!!! He still has boards to study for and job interviews to go on, etc. etc. but oh my gosh my golly are we thrilled to be at this point. Much more to come about how my heart is almost aching with pride for all he has done to get here. For now, though, I'll just say that we are so happy to have him with us during our days. The babes are beside themselves with all of the lovin' they are getting from their papa and my heart simply pitter patters to see it. It is really a joy to have these weeks to live life side by side again and enjoy simple things like walking to the store together or freaking out together when an e-mail response comes about a possible job. Making dinner together, laughing at the babes...little things that add up to a big hole when they have been missing. After 9 years of marriage, there still is no one I'd rather spend my days with. Life is good in the Hunt house right now. How I hope yours is too, Jen


7 comments:

Sarah H said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations, Joel!!! How wonderful for all of you. :)

Anonymous said...

Joel Hunt, you are so smart and I am so proud of you. I love that you get to be home with your sweet little family. I wish I could see it all first hand.
Have a wonderful day,
Joyce

Unknown said...

sly smile joelie.
you are a mammoth of a man.
you set such an example for us all.
Wild at heart you are brother Joel.
Wish we could be there to cheer you on.

Oberg family said...

yippie joel!! congrats to you and your beautiful family. i am sure your family cannot wait to spend a little more time with you. great job!!

Charlie and Kari said...

CONGRATULATIONS Joel!! (and Jenny, Sam and Amelia, yeah for all of you!) We look forward to hearing where the Lord leads you next!
Kari and Charlie

Anonymous said...

Amazing Joel! We are so happy for you and proud of you. As Joel says you are an example for us all and what a great example you are for Sam and Amelia. Jenny, I know he couldn't have done it without you. You to are a great example of a supportive loving wife a true helpmate. Enjoy your time together. We love you all, k & b

Brian and Ellie said...

Joelie... You are an absolute stud. No other word is fit to describe you. Congratulations to you and Jenny! Can't wait to see where God is going to send you guys...

Brian (and Ellie and Sadie and Zeke)