Thursday, May 22, 2008

Him.

I love that he feels the freedom to be absurd...my life will never be dull because of it.
I love that he feels pulled towards the mountains, the forests, the river, the trails.
I love that every time he goes to the grocery store he comes home and displays everything he bought on the counter for us to talk about.
I love that he does that because he knows how much I like to talk about food:)
I love that he knows a lot. About a lot. It allows him to connect with a lot of people and he does.
I love that he dreams big and he that he usually doesn't just leave them as dreams. He's a doer as well.
I love that he knows me inside and out. That he wants to know me more. That he digs and finds things that i didn't even know were there.
I love that he wants to share all of the precious moments with the babes with me. Walking into a room with a sleeping babe hugging his neck and tears shimmering in his eyes. Wanting me to see and to share in it with him.
I love that after nine years together, I know the adventure has only begun. Because with Joel, there is always growth and change and life lived to the fullest.

Happy 9th Anniversary to my true, true love--
Jen

9 comments:

Court said...

Happy Anniversary, Jen & Joel! The Lord has blessed you greatly...and I know He will continue to do so in the years to come!

Hayden and Kelly said...

I didn't know our anniversaries are only a day apart! Wonderful! Hope you have a GREAT day together! Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary joel and jenny! what great memories i have of your wedding. i know you'll have a lifetime of wonderful anniversaries.
love,
mom (grammy)

Anonymous said...

it is a beautiful memory for us all. we love ya'll, b and k

Anonymous said...

Washington-on-the-Brazos, Keith Keller, the Bonhoeffer quote and the hand fans, all as if yesterday.

Brian and Ellie said...

Yes, happy happy marriage, you 2. I love how you put things on paper...um, screen!

Shanyn Zink said...

Oops!! Happy Happy Anniversary Joel & Jen!! I can't believe I missed the DAY!! I've been waiting for it, seeing it on the calendar now for several weeks and the day whizzed by yesterday!! I was in downtown Houston most all yesterday - partly stuck on Metro bus going in circles so was quite out of touch. But I shall see 1/2 of you (you Jenny)very very soon so will give you more celebratory Anniversary greetings when you arrive. I think you make a loving beautiful strong rich wide deep one with the blend of you two. Love you very much,
Shanyn

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!!! Love you, Bub

Shanna said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Anniversary! You make me appreciate my man even more! Anyway, I loved catching up on some old posts...I haven't been able to read blogs in awhile, so I'm making up for lost time. I hope you had a good trip to Houston, and I hope you have a wonderful time there! Much love, Shanna