Sunday, May 18, 2008

Growth.


Spring is such a time of growth. Every day it seems there is a new flower in our yard that wasn't there the day before and it amazes me every time. Of course, our little home is full of growth as well with the babes changing and growing and learning all the time--it thrills my heart. I yearn for growth as well. Growth spiritually, growth as a wife, a woman, a mama. Though it seems impossible sometimes to focus on anything but my two constant companions, my heart stirs. And so, I have to make choices in my days to allow time for it. Little chunks of time alloted to activities that fuel growth. Choosing to read a book about loving my guy instead of watching America's Next Top Model online (I confess) while the babies nap. Choosing to pray while I walk the babies around the park instead of talking on the phone. Choosing to be present, truly present, with Sam and Amelia when I get down on the floor and play with them. Growth is a choice, I am finding. Little choices that add up to desired change. That is my work right now. What's yours? Jen

Amelia working in the garden:)

3 comments:

Oberg family said...

What a beautiful way to write about growth. I totally agree with you.

Unknown said...

Growing focused.
I have such a tendency to skip around areas.
This year I wish to stay focused!

Anonymous said...

always growing, whether we like it or not sometimes. Wanting to grow in understanding my husband, my kiddo's and desiring to minister to them with growth in me. Thanks for making me think about it. love you so much. b