Friday, September 15, 2006

The noises that surround me...

I am cooking this afternoon (how do my posts keep coming back to food?). The windows are open and I hear rain, and thunder and the house feels cool and crisp. I hear hear Willow meowing outside the door and Dr. Laura coming through my headphones as I putter I around chopping and mixing and then washing the dishes. I hear the guys next door working on their cars as they always are in the afternoons(can there really be anything left to fix?!) and these noises that surround once again make me feel happy and calm. Pretty soon I'll hear Joel pull up on his bicycle and hear his laughter and stories of the day and his awesome ride home in the rain, and in a couple of hours I'll hear the voices of friends as they arrive for dinner. What noises surrounded you today? I hope they were good ones:) Jenny

2 comments:

anna said...

i hear the kids fighting and the clock ticking..:)...thats good though right..

Anonymous said...

I hear lots of little voices asking lots of little questions. I have to remind myself how many of these little ones don't have anyone to listen to their questions. Today I hear rain which makes me happy since we have been in a serious drought but a little sad because we were joining John Mike at the Austin City Limits.(he got us passes. We weren't sneaking in!!!) I believe we are a too old to attend in the rain.
I'm so happy you had a good visit with Tom and Cristy. What a treat to have them in your home.