Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Moments from today...

Oh, these days. These days are so rich. Rich with exhaustion, sweet moments, overwhelm, hilarity, frustration, surrender. I don't know how all of those feelings can quite all fit into a day, but I guess that's what growing a life inside of you can do! Today...lots like other days. So, I thought I'd grab a few moments and record them. 

* Beautiful, spring weather. Notice how brilliant the colors of Joel's flowers look in the front bed. Purple and yellow, two of my favorite flower colors for sure. 

* Trip to Sprouts. Jubilee, of course, doesn't want to ride in the cart and persists in whining until I give up and carry her (left her shoes at home...oops). Feeling a bit frustrated for my very pregnant self until I see another mama carrying her toddler and we smile at each other, and I just relax about the whole thing. Funny how that works. 

* All three get balloons as we leave. Jubilee, of course, doesn't want to have hers tied on her wrist. She's basically against restraint of any kind. Hehe. She is very, very excited about her "ba ba" and then we get home and sure enough it floats away into the sky. Sam and Amelia are SO sad for her- Sam even teared up. Precious. She gets over it quickly and moves on to spilling bubbles as we unload groceries. 

* Amelia decides to make something out of her ballet tights that have a hole in them. Dragon lover that she is these days, she decides to make them into a two headed dragon. I come across the "dragon" later in the afternoon and my eyes fill with tears of laughter at her tights stuffed with Easter grass and taped everywhere with googly eyes on both feet. Oh, that girl!

* Paper, there is paper everywhere! We are in the constant coloring/drawing phases and I go back and forth between overwhelm at the colors/paper everywhere vs. delight in their creations!

* The kids "whisper" too loudly and wake Jubilee from her nap. I almost cry. I had literally just made myself lay down to rest and really needed it. The kids run out to the back yard, escaping mama's wrath, yelling their apologies as they run. 

* I decide to try and clean the kitchen. I give Jubilee a sucker to keep her busy. Yep, I did. Next thing I know she is chasing Mama kitty, trying to grab her tail. So, I chase Jubilee saying, " No mam, what are you doing?!" Then I see Jubilee's sucker hanging down from the cat's tail, stuck in her hair!! Oh my. It was really funny, and gross, and thankfully it came out easily. Then, not very cleverly, I give Jubilee some watermelon in her high chair so that I can continue on my cleaning mission. What a mess! I give up on the cleaning idea until later. 

* Sam finishes a coloring page he has been working on for Jubilee for two days. He hangs it in her room by himself. Precious. 

* Jubilee just climbed up on the bed beside me, patted the pillow where she wanted to lay her head and snuggled down. She's a bit of a mama's girl, and I have to say, she's a pretty cute and hilarious sidekick. 

* The evening is winding down. I'm super excited to lay in bed and watch whatever I want to on TV and put my feet up. Joel is off to an awards event (City Weekly gave his outreach team the "Best at helping those in need" award in their "Best of" issue. It was a really genuine, sweet write up and my favorite of the work awards he's been given. Yay Joelie!). I'm going to get this baby in bed, get those big kids read to and tucked in and then my work day is over. I might give myself an award of an Easter basket Kit Kat bar- you know, for pulling a hairy sucker off the cat and things like that. 

Lots of love to you, folks. I hope your days are rich as well, and that we can all giggle when we think back on the sometimes overwhelmingness of daily life. Especially when 33 weeks pregnant. My goodness. Still, so very thankful for this life. So very, very thankful!
Jen












2 comments:

ann.e said...

haha great post! yes the best thing is to be able to giggle at it all afterwards. or even better, in the midst of it :)

tell sam his picture is so well done!!

the schilps said...

thanks for making me smile, jenny! love that sweet family of yours!