Wednesday, March 06, 2013

The crux of it, really.

This morning Amelia left for ballet with friends and Sam, Jubilee and I decided to take a walk in the morning sunshine ( and wind!). Sam immediately started talking about what we were seeing in nature, what God made/man made, etc. Then he started asking some really depthy questions about the Bible and God and ended the conversation by saying," Mom, that really makes me want God to talk to my heart about some things." Oh man, what an unexpected, never could plan it, sweet conversation with my almost six year old Sammy.
As we kept walking I thought, " This is why I do it, this homeschooling thing. " There are challenging days to be sure, there are frustrating moments and logistics (toddler!) that are like a puzzle I can't quite figure out...but then we have conversations like that or I hear conversations between siblings and I think, " It's so worth it all." For our family, for this time, it is. To have days that aren't hurried, to have time to walk and talk in the mid morning sunshine, to just live our days together- it's what I want for us and I'm thankful to be given the chance to do it. I'll write more about the specifics of the challenges and "triumphs" another time, but that's the crux of it, really.:)
Here are some of my recent favorites of life at home...Jen
























No comments: