Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sunshine, granola, (and caffeine)...

Ahhhh, this sunshiney day! It's made me hopeful that Spring is on the way ( I know, I know there is plenty of winter to come) and it energized me to get us all out on a walk and then out for some backyard play. Then Jubilee and I came in and made a batch of granola. While I was turned around getting the cinnamon from the cabinet she ate almost half the brown sugar I had just plopped into the bowl. Oops!
Also adding to my cheery disposition at the moment is that I had a diet coke with lunch. True confession, I have a diet coke almost everyday. I remember being pregnant with the twins and having ONE chai tea about halfway through my pregnancy and feeling so happy about it- such an indulgence that caffeine! Wow, three littles later and how things have changed. Hopefully I'll get on another "no diet coke" kick one of these days. I know it's the pits.
Here are some random recent happenings for ya:
*Can you tell which child made which flag in school? Hehe Such a classic example of their personalities:)
* Jubilee washing down her sugar clump with some milk.
* jubilee loves, loves, loves her baby dolls. At about 14months old she started bouncing them on her hip and patting their backs. Such a little mama. Good thing since she'll soon have a real, live babe in the house!!
* Her favorite book. She climbed up the stairs with it and found Joel to look at with her. :) It really is a lovely season series by Gerda Muller, just pictures. The kids loved them too. You can find them on Amazon.
That's all for now. I feel like I have so much more to say, but I better get this kitchen cleaned up!:) Jen









2 comments:

mom said...

Get those zones clean! :) I love the flags...shows their little personalities perfectly!
Love you,
Mom

ann.e said...

hahaha love the flags :)