Saturday, February 16, 2013

A girl and her chickens...

I feel like I talk/write a lot about Amelia and the chickens, but here I go again!:)

Two quick things that I don't want to forget. One was on Valentines Day when she brought Clementine in to " wish everyone a very happy Valentines Day!". Sam was so cute and serious snapping pictures and Jubilee just giggling away about the chicken being in the house. I also love the way Amelia holds the chickens' dirty, gross feet like she is holding the hand of a friend. Because I guess she is:)
Then today the chickens escaped- flew right over the fence! I think this sunshine is making us all feel happy and free- Amelia announced that it " is just like summer!" despite the fact that its in the upper 30's! Anyway, Joel took the kids on a search around the block, and sure enough Amelia heard one and quickly caught her and carried her home. The other one was later found in our next door neighbor's yard, safe and sound. Amelia was very relieved, though at the feed store today she was ready to replace the still missing one with a new baby chick! That's how the girl works- love em and leave em!
That's all- hopefully more soon! Jen





1 comment:

the schilps said...

oh my gosh, jenny, this just makes me giggle. giggle because it is so adorable that amelia loves her chickens. giggle of your description of the "dirty, gross chicken feet." giggle because it brings back such fun memories of hockley, even though i don't remember chickens but i do remember pigs. anyways, this was like a little snippet into your lives. so, thanks for that!

love you.
ab