Friday, November 11, 2011

The weeks, they fly by...

One week old...
( Wow, I look rough.:) I remember this moment so clearly. It was the morning we were leaving the hospital and I was actually very happy. I also love the way she nuzzled right into my shoulder and neck all the time. )
Two weeks old...
( First day of cloth diapering:)
Three weeks old...
id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5673839463112755458" />
( I love this outfit on her. So cozy. I also love seeing her wear outfits that I thrifted for her before she was born. It's satisfying to this thrift store loving mama:) I quickly realized that these one piece type outfits are all that I put her in pretty much. They work best with cloth diapers for sure.)
Four weeks old...
( This isn't the best picture, but the only other picture I have on her fourth week birthday is of a piece of quiche. I was still a very hungry newly nursing mama and food was very important to me and I remember thinking that quiche looked so beautiful! Ha. )
Five weeks old...
( First time in her new swing. She loves it. So we love it. I was an attachment parenting snob about swings, and now I am not.)
Six weeks old...

Seven weeks old...

Eight weeks old !
I wanted a picture like this for each week,so clear of her face and body. Obviously, that didn't happen. Maybe it will for the next eight weeks? Don't hold your breath!:) I also like this one because it shows how the kids put random toys on or next to her if she is fussing to try and help her feel better. This is Sammy's attempt with his "little boy". So sweet. Anyway, I have loads I want to write about these past eight weeks, but for now I'll just say how much we adore our little Jubilee. Joel has deemed her my "little sidekick", and it's true. Wherever mama is, there Jubilee usually is also-nursing, slinging, sleeping, etc.etc.:) Sometimes I feel like she is such an extension of me that it's hard to really see her, you know? So, at night when the kids are asleep and all is quiet, I take some time to really just soak her in. Because, these weeks, they turn into months and years and they all just fly right by.
All for now,
Jen

1 comment:

ann.e said...

that last picture is especially beautiful! she's adorable and I can't wait to get to know her : )