Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh, these two...


A: "Sam, what do you fink happens if you have a cavity>"
S: " I fink you die!"
A: "Oh Sam, you don't die!"
S: "Yep, dead and buried."

This little conversation at the dentist today just cracked me up. They have so many hilarious exchanges, I wish I would record more of them! This was their second visit to the dentist and they just have such a grand ol' time. I'll hate when they have a cavity or something and their innocent, dentist loving bubble is burst. They think the flavored cleaning gel is so great, and the new toothbrush, tooth paste, floss, etc. are received with great gusto. Amelia remembered that they got to pick out a little toy and even remembered one that was in the box last time that she was interested in (six months ago!!). I love watching them at appointments together, whether it's a hair cut , doctor appt., dentist, or whatever. They are such cheerleaders for each other. Today when Sam climbed up in the chair Amelia had a burst of affection and went over and kissed his hand. Awww. I can't imagine when they play sports! I remember that with my brothers so clearly...feeling such pride watching them play and just cheering them on with everything in me. I look forward to seeing that with these two.

Anyway, as we were leaving, the dentist gave them some gloves like he had worn and they thought that was the greatest! Then the receptionist let them choose some little chap stick. We walked out the door and Sammy said, "Those guys are so special to me!" Hee hee, I love it.

Thankfully, Jubilee was snoozing in the sling the whole time:)


On a sad note, Amelia started running fever tonight (Sam was running fever over the weekend and now has no voice) and so we will probably miss their Thanksgiving feast at preschool tomorrow:/ Such a bummer. They were so looking forward to dressing up as "Nate of Camericans" :) . I am going to try and have a little feast here for them. In fact, we made cranberry sauce together today after reading a story about cranberries in our Pioneer Thanksgiving book. Still, I know they will be disappointed. Boo!

Guess that's all for now. Back to watching Sing Off online and then I'm off to bed! :) Jen

No comments: