Sunday, October 16, 2011

Our littlest pumpkin...


Jubilee is one month old! How can that be?!?!
She is already changing so much, and I know time isn't going to slow down. I'm so thankful that Joel got to take off work for her first two weeks and that Jim and Shari and my mama are here to allow me time to soak her up and know that Sam and Amelia are being loved and cared for! The first week home was a bit crazy. Sam and Amelia were pretty emotional and not sure what to do with me needing to be with her so much. It was hard on all of us! I was still emotional about the birth experience as well, and together with hormones being all over the place, there were a lot of tears! Still, with mom and Joel being there, it wasn't as crazy as I had imagined, and there were a lot of sweet moments mixed in there as well. One thing that helps is getting MUCH more sleep than I did with the twins. Most mornings, I woke up feeling kind of rested! I did learn pretty quickly that having her in the side car crib next to our bed wasn't good enough for her:) She wanted to be right next to mama and immediately started sleeping longer stretches once we had that worked out! Gosh, the nights with her in my room in the hospital were terrible! I knew they would freak out if I had her in bed with me and she was NOT liking the plastic bassinet and literally cried from 2-5 three nights in a row! :(
We also learned that she is a pretty content baby during the day as long as she is being held. Once again, thankful for extra hands so that I can sling her or hold her most of the day (especially that first week home!) .She cries when she's hungry, has a dirty diaper, lonely, or tired. I felt like with the twins, things were such a blur I often never knew why they were crying! It's much, much easier with Jubilee!




The second week home (three weeks old), brought Grandma and Grandpa Hunt! Joel went to a conference out of town and I really missed him, but after a couple of days of more behavior adjustments from the kids, they started to settle down and the days got a bit easier. Still, I had forgotten how demanding a newborn was and would get really frustrated that I couldn't seem to spend quality time with the kids and take care of the baby! Once again, thank the Lord for grandparents! I don't know what I would have done! Hmmm, must not have the pictures downloaded from that week. Will work on that!:)
Then we come to week four. My hormones have definitely stabilized a bit, the kids (especially Sam) are just melting my heart as I watch them fall more in love with "baby Jubles", Jubilee is growing cuter and more alert by the day, and life just feels a bit more settled. Most nights she only wakes up once. It feels funny even writing that, and I'm sure it will change soon, but for now I'm enjoying it (though I do make sure and pump before I go to bed, in the middle of the night, and in the morning)!

Anyway, just wanted to get these thoughts down while I had the chance. Oh how we love this precious little one! Jen

No comments: