Saturday, February 20, 2010

Now that was fun!



We came to stay at our friend's cabin again this weekend...ready for another family adventure and thankful for a (free!) place to getaway. Though the cabin is definitely not roughing it, getting here was quite a little hike! The snow is such that you have to park your car about a mile a way and walk or snow mobile your way up to it. We chose to walk. With two two year olds. Coo coo I tell you! I had my doubts as we drove into the mountains with the snow swirling all around us. 

I was wrong. They were such little adventurers and we all had so much fun. Joel pulled all of our food in on a sled and we each carried a back pack. Even when the snow got deep, the babes were so brave and tried their hardest until their "big daddy came and picked us up and helped us" (says Amelia). 

Truly, we were amazed and very thankful that it wasn't a disastrous attempt at hiking with toddlers! :) 

They are now tucked in deep under flannel sheets and a down comforter and I am about to join Joelie by the fire to dive back into a book series I am reading. So, hope you guys are enjoying your weekend and maybe get in a little adventuring yourself! Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Those little adventurous babes with their adventure loving mom and dad. I could just feel the warmth of those sheets after a walk like that.
Love you lots,
Mammie