Friday, January 15, 2010

What made this trip feel like a true vacation....






They slept. They slept well. Granted, some parents probably wouldn't consider it a great success. I still sit in the room while they fall asleep and that can take anywhere from 15min- upwards of an hour. It can be frustrating. Amelia still fights sleep like crazy. She (and sometimes he) still come to sleep with us half way through the night. But, from where we have come from (especially on our Texas trips), the sleep we all got on this trip was more than a success. It felt like a true vacation. We were rested and that makes me truly thankful.

With all that is going on in Haiti, it makes me look at these pictures with even more thankfulness and gratefulness. May we all hold our children a little tighter and with a little more perspective ,and pray with all of our hearts for those who have lost theirs so tragically.

1 comment:

Charlie and Kari said...

I agree with you in prayer for Haiti...yes, we are so thankful to be holding our loved ones close and safe. Thank you for the quinoa recipe! I needed a new one and that looks perfect, and I think I even actually have all those ingredients right now! (That rarely happens :) I may have to get that cookbook. I have also used the lentil recipe several times that you posted a while ago, thanks a million!
Kari