Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Boy. Girl. Twins.




Sometimes when I think about the babes being boy/girl twins, I unconsciously assume they may not be as close as they grow older as same sex twins might be--especially identical twins. But as I watched them play today in their room today, he with his truck and she with her dollhouse, I thought about how they have been so different from the start and yet they usually choose to play together. They choose to play "together", side by side, even when they are playing with such different toys or what have you. They have done this for as long as I can remember. It made me smile to think of them as (gasp) teenagers. Sam playing the piano while Amelia dances, Sam drawing while she reads, separate but together. They will choose different passions I am sure, and that is good and healthy, but I just have a feeling they may just be each other's yin and yang for a long time to come. When I think of that, and what a gift it is, it just warms my heart.

P.S. Believe me, I know my ideals of them as teenagers may seem a little lofty:) I am well aware that two persons living their lives so closely together means not only more sweet times, but also more brushes against each other. I experience it daily!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Jen...they are pretty much two peas in a pod, no matter how you break it down! loved the pics! cute toys...hadn't seen Sam's before. How is the train table? glad you found one! gma

Anonymous said...

I am just a visitor in blooger. I saw your pics they are soooo cute and u are so lucky you have boy/girl twins!