Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weekend Wanderings...

Salt Lake City has been so yucky lately with inversion (smog like polluted air) filling the valley. Last night Joel had had enough and said that we needed to get out! We are all feeling yucky with coughs and conjestion and I think the air just makes it worse, so I heartily agreed. At nap time today we put the babes in the car and set off. We didn't even know where we were going! So spontaneous, I know:) We found ourselves about an hour away in the clean mountain air. We had such a delightful time. !t was even warmish on our walk in the snow--it felt like summer to us at 46 degrees! Maybe that's why Sammy and I had the most fun of all, we are the warmer weather lovers. Even in my skirt and clogs, I just had a blast:) We were so forlorn as we drove back into the cloudy city, we decided to go back tomorrow and spend the night! I am so,so,so excited. Here are a few pictures of our day for ya:)









Hope you had some adventure in your weekend as well, Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I can't wait to hear about your next couple of days.
Love you all,
Mammy

ann.e said...

So pretty!!! I can imagine what it did for your spirits! We went up that way a few times this summer - I think that country store is Ben's favorite place :) We need to get out of the nasty valley too, it's getting us down as well, yuck.

Jenny said...

Hi mama, we got a million more comments about the babes cute hats today:) I just keep on saying that my talented mama made them.

Anne, yes it was sooo good for our spirits. That "country store" cracks me up. I love it too, but as we were driving up I said, " I think this is the yuppiest country store I have ever been to:)." You know, the macrobiotic yogurt and fancy cheeses and all:)
We HAVE to go up to our friends cabin there together this summer. Fun times ahead, Jen

Anonymous said...

When I saw the babes' hats, I just knew that talented Joyce made them...cute! Beeeautiful pics. I wanted to be there! Any pictures of the b and b? gma