Saturday, September 05, 2009

Come along with me...

I wish you all could have been with us on our trip to the mountains this afternoon. Oh man. It was just beautiful! So, since you couldn't be there, I thought you could come along through some little clips of our time. Actually, it's a pretty long video and there are no high action clips. Just our little family,loving the breeze and the rocks and trees and the water and each other. There are so many things I could say about these clips. The way Amelia breezes through the trees dancing and laughing while Sam is just so industrious. It just amazes me how profoundly "themselves" children are. Anyway,make sure to make it to the Joel/Amelia Mountain Jamboree:)

Even in the beloved mountains, it isn't all sunshine and love. Amelia threw one of Sammy's favorite little dump trucks into the stream and it swam away and then later (as you saw) Sam got very, very upset when it was time to go. After a warm bubble bath and some dancing with dadoo,though, all was well with the world again. Happy, happy late summer Saturday to you! Jen

P.S. If you are adventuring into the forest any time soon with your little ones (or even if you aren't), I highly recommend this book:

I found it at a yard sale the other day and I think my mouth may have fallen open when I saw it. It is written by the author of these favorite books ever of ours but I had never seen this one before! Anyway, it tells the story of three cousins who visit this huge, old oak tree in each of the seasons and it is just beautiful!

8 comments:

Court said...

Maggie came in while I was watching the video and joined in on the dancing with Amelia :) And when she saw the "baby" wrapped in the towel, she said "nigh night baby!" Thanks for sharing your day with the rest of us. Poor Amelia's pretty white dress....ah well...nothing a little OxyClean can't help take out!

Anonymous said...

WHAT FUN THESE "BABIES" ARE HAVING! CAN HARDLY WAIT TO JOIN THEM...HOW I LOVE THEM! by the way, jen, why don't you try a little clorax on that dress????? (private joke!) gma

Joel said...

I gotta comment on the clothes thing. I love that Jenny doesn't get too worried about their clothes getting dirty, she just takes in stride as if she somehow knows that trying to keep them from getting dirty is like trying to hold back the tide (no pun intended). I love this about her. That thought actually ran through my mind when we were sitting on the log in the river and watching the babies, and Amelia's white dress was covered in dirt. I love it. Sam and Amelia are so very fortunate to have a Mamma like theirs.

Unknown said...

Joel and Amelia are quite the pair. Dancing queen!! I miss you guys alot today. We have big plans for your Christmas vacation here! So you better call us to talk about it. Lost Maples.
I am with you mama who also eats food off their babies clothes/face/shoes/bathtub (?)
and thinks a dirty babe is a happy one.

the schilps said...

oh i just loved seeing this (and asher did too. he sat so still while watching the babes enjoying nature). we took our own adventure into the woods today, and it is amazing what it does for your soul. we were all so peaceful in the car ride on the way home. i felt all clean and renewed by just walking a little bit in the woods. ahhh, how blessed we are to live in such beautiful places.
love to you.
abbe

ps. i have talked about our conversation with three people now :) still so energizing to me. love you, friend.

Brian and Ellie said...

Love, love, love this video. Thanks for sharing a fun day with us! Go dirty babies! Love, Ellie

Anonymous said...

Watching these babes is just the best medicine. :)
Lots of Love,
Mammy

Anonymous said...

You're right, Joel. Sam and Amelia are so blessed to have a mom AND dad like you two who play so heartily with the kids...letting them BE kids! And truly dirt is part of the scene always with little ones! Two of my favorite pictures of you are when you are covered in mud! I love it that you two have incorporated so much music in the kids lives. Don't you love Amelia's spirit of zest and zeal when she says "Yay!!!! so happily after she has danced while her dadoo sings! And I love her expressions when she sees Sam picking up and throwing such "BIG" rocks! Way to go, Sambo! Sweet Sam...I think he had a hard time deciding whether he was going to dance or pick up stones for awhile! ha Thank you for taking the time and trouble to create these videos for us! Keep them coming! Grandma H.