Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That's affirmative!

Finally, oh at long last, the babes have started answering us with affirmatives! Words that have laid dormant for their entire speaking lives have suddenly popped up in their vocabulary--words like yes, mmm hmmm and okay have made their debut and they are literally music to our ears! "Sam, would you like some more water?" "Yes mama" instead of "WATER! WATER!" "Amelia could you go get your shoes?" " Okay mama". I know it may not sound like much, but when all you have heard is either a repitition of your words or a "no" even when they mean yes, it is monumental. It makes me oh,so happy. So does Amelia's recent additions of unprompted, " I missed you! " and " I love you."

Sweet times,
Jen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Happy day! I know that has to be so much fun to hear.
Love you all,
Mom

the bakks said...

I hear you! When Josie started the affirmatives, it was as if a whole new real life person appeared :) and for sure a whole new FUN world of conversation! Enjoy!

Jocelyn said...

Oh this rings so familiar to me. I am so waiting for Sariyah to use "yes". "Sariyah, do you want more?" "No"... as she reaches for whatever it is... it cracks me up- EVERY answer is "no". Adrian though, says "yes"... not "yeah" or "uh-huh" but "yes" and it's adorable!! Can't wait until Sariyah learns the difference!

ann.e said...

Yay! and yessss :) So if I call tomorrow and ask if they want to play in the afternoon will they say yes?

... wait my phone is broke, so I can't call. but do you want to play?

Court said...

Oh it IS wonderful. Maggie used to say "yeah yeah" for yes...it was cute...for a while. Then one day, she just started saying YES...oh happy day! Of course, you know I know all about the NO. Have no fear, it's still used in our house but a lot less often! Isn't it fun to hear all the new things coming out of their mouths :)

Anonymous said...

oh what fun! love, love the words. Just wish I could hear their little voices. Video? yes! love you all, b

Anonymous said...

Way to Go you BIG kiddos! gma