Friday, August 07, 2009

Weekend adventures...

Joelie and Sam are off on their first overnight trip together! They are heading to Idaho to see my brother and sis in luv who are there with the band that Bub works for. They'll join them at an outdoor festival(that may get rained out) and just soak up some time together. It is so obvious when Sam is ready for some guy time. He just starts climbing all over me and getting aggressive and I'm like, "Help!!! Sam needs some guy time!!!!" That's one of the reasons it was great having Evan living with us for these past months (dropped him at the airport today to fly to his bride and come back to UT a married man--yay!) b/c Sam had an additional guy to rough and tumble with! Anyway, here are some pics of their departure...

See? Here is Joel trying to download some music on his ipod for the journey...


Bye bye sweet guys...


He knows something special is goin on...



Then he realizes "Mena" and Momma are not getting in the car! Then there were a few tears.


I'm sure he recovered quickly and was back to this sweet smiling face before long:)


While the boys are away the girls will.....potty train! Yep, that's the big plan for our day tomorrow. I read the book "Potty training in less than a day" in preparation. Anyone want to tell me some successes they have had using the principals from the book? Anyone? I'll let you know how it goes.

All for now, Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh,my precious sam! have a wonderful time with your aunt birdie, uncle bub, and your sweet daddy!

i love you!
mammy

Sara said...

my mom used that method for both matt and i. it worked! no problems, no regressions. i hpe it works for you too, my dear!

Anonymous said...

We had a blast with you guys!! Nice Idaho mountain air and green grass, and grasshoppers!

Love, Uncle Bub