Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Praise God from who ALL blessings flow ( pun intended:) .......

Even blessings like pee pee and poo poo. I'm sorry. Really, I am. But this is day five of potty training Amelia, and I just can't NOT talk about it. Let me just say that over all it has gone well. I think by the end of the week accidents will be pretty few. However, it is really exhausting. Seriously. Other mamas told me that but I think that I didn't believe them. I mean, what can be so exhausting about teaching your little one to go to the potty? Ahem. I have learned my lesson for sure. I have almost cried and wanted to quit about fifty times! I have been at the end of my potty training rope several times and raised my voice, pleaded and begged for her to pee pee, etc.! But then there will be a little victory that reminds me that the intense training won't last forever and on we go!

I wish I could put some super cute pics of Amelia on her little pot, but I am wary of putting pics like that on the Internet, so here are some pics of Joel and Sammy's weekend road tripping to ID for a visit with Bub and Robin(stole them from your facebook Robin, hope you don't mind:)! They had such a wonderful time.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, I wish I could have been at both of the big events mentioned in your post. Potty training and hanging at a great show with Joel, Joel, Sam and Robin...Big Events!!!!
Love,
Mammy or whatever they want to call me!

Sarah H said...

How fun for Sam and Joel to take a trip together!!

Good luck with the potty training, it is so wonderful to be done with diapers. Then another baby comes along and it all starts over again... :)

Tammy said...

if she's starting to get it on day 5, she is doing well. Michelle did not get it at all for 5 days, and then it took a few more weeks for the accidents to diminish substantially. it was a long few weeks...so I am totally with you on how tiring it is.

Unknown said...

oh Jen, the average toddler doesn't potty train until 3 1/2 these days. AND on average it takes 10 months to potty train. I think at day 5, you should relax Mama!