Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A little peek into their play...

I am still amazed and delighted every time I hear the babes playing on their own, leaving this mama able to get one or two things done around the house. I usually can't help but peek around a corner, though, and eavesdrop on their little conversations and watch them play. It is so interesting to see their play diverge as they get older. As boy/girl twins they were offered equal access to dolls, trucks, balls,etc. from the very beginning and though they do overlap, it is very obvious that Sam has had a love affair with trucks and things that go from super young and Amelia is a nurturer and relational in her play. Give Amelia two sticks and she will turn them towards each other and say, "Hi, good to see you!" Give Sam two sticks and they will be flying across the sky as planes. It really is amazing.

Anyway, here is a peek for you into their world of play and conversation:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, hi, sweet babes! I'm so glad you got that on film! I can't believe how much more they are talking since I was there. Sam's towers are amazing.
Give everyone hugs and kisses,
Mom

Court said...

Oh that video was priceless! How sweet. Don't you just love how they communicate with each other? I see Amelia in her big girl panties...how's the potty training going?

Megan Sandoz said...

C'mon, Mom, that choo choo WILL work on that tower, you just watch! Oh, I am laughing!

Anonymous said...

WE LOVED WATCHING AND REWATCHING THIS ADORABLE PLAY TIME!!! THANK YOU JEN FOR BEING SO FAITHFUL TO RECORD THESE PRICELESS TIMES OF CAPTURING THEIR TODDLER YEARS! HOW WE LOVE THEM! GMA AND GPA

Shanyn Zink said...

Wow! I am AMAZED at Sam's stacking ability! Cool. So good. Upside down and pointing!! Amazing. And his insistence at Amelia's having a part of his cookie. His little hand thrusting out insistently. Sooo cute. Amelia is beautiful!! Her long arms and legs - she's growing up sooooo much. Oh my.
Auntie Shan

abbyjoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abbyjoy said...

Hi Jenny,

It's Abby (Anderson) Perry...I just wanted to say I think your little ones are absolutely precious, and they have two of my favorite names. I showed my Mom your blog and she shared the opinion as well :). Hope all is well with your family and I am so excited for you with your adoption plans! We are at DTS living in the same building as Ellie and Jeremiah...small world!

kw said...

So sweet! I love your blog! Thanks for your sweet comments at The Snail's Trail. Can't wait to follow along in your adventures!