Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A taste of spring...

Warmth, sunshine and family....can't get much better than that! This weekend Joel took the babes on a long bike ride and then they came home and we played in the backyard. We played with their new pony from their Grandma Shari and we basked in the sunshine. And while I'll admit that I did enjoy winter this year(and i know there will be a bit more to come), outside on a blanket is our favorite place to be. I laid on that blanket feeling more content than I have in a long time, thinking about this season that is almost over. Though Amelia and Sam have both had their little bouts of illness (Amelia currently has a sore throat and is pretty miserable:( , they have been spared from RSV and anything else dangerous and we are so thankful. When I took Amelia to the doctor today he said that by the end of this month we can start putting our guard down and take the babes out and about with little worry. What a welcome change that will be!

So here are some pics of our day outdoors, a glimpse of what is to come...
View this montage created at One True Media
Afternoon delight...

3 comments:

ann.e said...

It's been a BEAUTIFUL day! There's little crocuses blooming in our front yard and I can see the tulips coming up too. We're looking forward to lots of blanket time on the grass with you 3!

(why am I inside on the computer?? taking a break before walk #2)

Shanyn Zink said...

That was so fun to see you 4 soaking up the sunshine!! :) I'm looking forward to when someone can take your picture and ALL of you can be in it.
I LOVE that horsey!!! How cute to see the Buckaroo up on it hangin' on for 8 seconds..and miss boot scootin' herself crawlin' over there to wrangle herslef a pony!
Love my neice & nephew & sisnluv & brudder,
Auntie Shan
PS Hi, Cristina Ford, if you're reading this!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pony! I want to be there for the burst of spring. Enjoy and send pictures. Much love,
Grammy