Saturday, December 15, 2007

I hate (to love) Anthropologie.

Really, I do. It is one of those stores where you (or, at least, I) walk in and immediately get a stomach ache because you see 25 things that you suddenly don't know how you were living without and you know those things cost waaaaaay too much. A t-shirt that I really liked cost $68. Um, no. So you walk around coveting,coveting,coveting all of the miniature people that work there with their energetic smiles and oh,so cool clothes and walk out feeling like a very tired, frumpy, mismatched mama of twins. Oh wait, that would just be me. But seriously, is it worth going into places like that? After today I am thinking not for me. I left with a much better feeling when we walked out of the children's thrift store where we got some oh, so cute things for Amelia that ended up being 1/2 off of the already super cheap price! Yay!

In other much more important news, we are still here in New Braunfels awaiting baby Echo's arrival. She is now 7 days overdue but we expect her any time now:) We are having a great time with her mama and daddy and grandparents and auntie Robin and cousin Dude while we wait! Here are some pictures I love from our visit to Austin today. Hope you all are well, Jen





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about those stores I try to stay away from the mall. I don't know how Tara is doing it; I would be going crazy. When I went over my due date, (yes one of those stories) I took john to the zoo and walked all over the place just trying to get Ellie to come out. By the time I got home I was so tired I was hoping she wouldn't come out and then of course that is when my water broke... Yah the Zoo in Houston durning the HOT, HUMID summer that will do it.. love ya, anna

Anonymous said...

What a sweet home Echo is coming home to. I sure enjoyed my visit, watching the photo session, eating the biggest of burritos, and shopping with Jen, Tara and Echo. Just think, next time we may have 3 babies in a stroller when we go shopping.

the schilps said...

oh anthropologie.... perhaps if we go together, we can covet, and then laugh about how we could make those things for about half the cost. we could do it.

tell tara i know how she feels. and, yes, they do come out. if all else fails, try acupuncture.. it worked like a champ for me. i had asher almost exactly 24 hours later :)
love to all.
abbe

Anonymous said...

I have to say - the green couch Ameila is sitting on is very Anthropologie-esque :)

xoxo.anne