Saturday, August 18, 2007

Why I love Saturdays....

* Joel is still in bed with us when we wake up, which means...
* I get to see him snuggle with the babes in the early morning sunshine, and then...
* He gets some much needed rest while I walk with Sam and Amelia to Paradise bakery to get a yummy muffin and chat with my mama on the phone....
* We have some porch swing time until Joelie wakes up and then we all get back in bed for a little more snuggling...
* We go for a walk in the afternoon to the book store and read for a while and then walk to Wild Oats to get some spring rolls for dinner. All the while we say "Yep, they're twins" , "Boy and a girl", "Sam and Amelia" "4 months, but 6 weeks adjusted age" about 100 times:)" .
* We come home and friends drop by and hold the babes and chat and drink root beer and walk out to the garden with us to pick green beans.....
* We give Amelia her bath and afterwards she quickly falls asleep in her pink striped pajamas with her cheek smushed up against my arm as we swing on the front porch swing saying goodbye to friends...
* Sam is still awake after his bath with wide eyes and smiles so Joelie puts him in the sling and heads to the redbox to get a movie for us to watch. I have a feeling Sam was asleep by the time they hit the corner of our street. I don't know for sure because they are still gone as I sit here writing at the table with the whir of the fan overhead and the dishwasher in the kitchen.....feeling satisfied after a long, full, wonderful Saturday. Hoping yours was great as well, Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be a visitor on a Sat. Love ya.. anna

Court said...

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful Saturday! :)