Monday, February 19, 2007

A little update...

So, I went to my new midwife's office and had a great visit. She measured my tummy and I am measuring 29 cm....I am 22 weeks pregnant. An average pregnancy with one baby at this point would be measuring about 22 cm. Wowsers! So, here it is in all it's glory...


We stare at it a lot in amazement:) So, all is well in the pregnancy department. I'm feeling better after a week of congestion and yucky cold symptoms and so glad to be over it. I'm not sure my students knew what to think of their rapidly growing, sniffling, coughing, tired teacher. Hopefully I'll dazzle them with my energy these last two weeks of classes:)
Confession: Today I drank my first Starbuck's chai tea since finding out that I was pregnant. I have been thinking about it for a long time and once I decided to go for it today, there was nothing stopping me. I walked down the street to Starbuck's with the snow blowing in my eyes, unyielding in my determination to revel in this caffine ridden beverage. And oh was it good. So creamy and sweet and comforting. It also gave me a burst of energy and I got lots done while Joel was out on an outdoor adventure( I'll post pictures of that soon).

We had a good Valentines celebration. Joel learned this year that I actually DO like Valentines day. I guess I have verbally agreed all these years that the day was "pretty silly, and so commercial, and we should love each other every day..." and yada yada. But this year when Joel said that they were going to have study group that night and I casually said, "Really? The other wives don't mind?" He answered, " No, they agree with us that it's silly." So I said, " You mean they agree with you that it's silly." His mouth dropped open and he said, "What?!" So, the point is that he recovered quickly, and I was greeted with flowers, chocolate strawberries, and a dinner out at "Cowboy's grub" on Valentines evening. Yes, I wanted to go to a place called Cowboy's grub for this romantic dinner out. Joel thought it was hysterical. What can I say? These days I am craving more "substantial" foods. No foo foo foods for me please.

Anyway, this weekend was relaxing too. We walked around the park in the warm (50 degree) sun and watched movies and walked around Target. I've been needing some Joel time, so my love tank was filled.

Hope you all are well and enjoyed this weekend. Jenny

4 comments:

Court said...

Jenny ~ now that's more like it!!! Look at you grow! You couldn't look more radiant! Glad that you got pampered this Valentine's Day.

Jami said...

Holy WOW! Looks like you might have eaten a whole cowboy and not just his grub! You know I love it.

Anonymous said...

I must say, my little girl has grown!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you in all your glory. Just 17 more days!
Good job, Joel Hunt, on the Feb.14th stuff.

anna said...

jenny... i am so glad that i get to see you through these pictures..wow the babies are growing.. love ya anna