Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jubilee, lately.

Oh Jubilee, what a little joy you are! My little side kick, as your daddy calls you. You are five months old- I can hardly believe it! A few things about you at five months:

You love to be outside! You just immediately calm down if you are upset and we go for a walk or go in the back yard to watch the kids play, etc. Unfortunately, you've had lots of skin issues and the cold dry air makes it worse, so you haven't been out nearly as much as I wish. Get ready though, spring is a comin!:)

You still love to be on mama's hip, or back:) It's your favorite place to be. Though you are content on your own for longer periods of time, you are most content snuggled up next to me.


You are getting pretty interested in our food, so I put you in the high chair for the first time:) So cute! It just lasted a few minutes before you kept leaning over, but it won't be long!


You are just super cute. You are so smiley and content most of the time, so patient with all of the hustle and bustle around you.





You went to the doctor today for your skin stuff and we found out you had a double ear infection! Goodness, poor baby! No wonder you have been more fussy and not sleeping well! Hope it all gets cleared up soon.

Have I mentioned that your brother and sister ADORE you? Oh my. I can just hear Sam saying, "Oh my goooosh, oh my gosh!" when he runs up to squeeze and play with you. :)

A few more things:
* You weighed 16 pounds today.
* You are rolling from back to tummy all the time now, but not tummy to back very often. You also scoot on your tummy and push with your legs--you are a mover and a shaker--wanting so badly to crawl.
* You love your toys- especially if they crinkle or fit well in your mouth. It's so fun to see you play:)
* You still sleep in your own bed-so carazy! Right at four months you started waking more often, and worst of all, clawing your dry skin until it bled and looked like a horror movie. Sigh, hoping that comes to an end really soon! We have tried everything- all the "miracle" cures that people suggest. Going to do steroid cream to knock it out-it's just gone on too long.
* You still like to be rocked to sleep. I love my "rocking breaks" with you during the day.
I love you to pieces, Jubilee, and still can't quite believe you are here with us! Mama

No comments: