Saturday, February 25, 2012

Domestic life, lately.

Rooms rearranged.

Diapers, stuffed and folded.
Juicing!
Beef and barley soup. Yum.
Snacks, ready for the airplane.
Pantry cleaned out and organized.
Amelia, doing her job and learning to finish it, even when it isn't fun anymore.

Cornbread and taco soup. Mmm
Kitchen chores and baby
Basket of snacks on the go


Amelia, getting ready for company and excited about
the apple cider that came in our CSA share
Goodness.

There is so much that I like about domestic life. So much fulfillment that can come from a finished project, a wholesome meal, the work of my hands. [I just wish there wasn't so often an anxious feeling happening internally while I go about my work. It's like if I am engaging with the kids I'm thinking, "AHHH! Look at all that needs to be done!" and if I'm doing what needs to be done I'm thinking, "AHHH, I should be doing something with the little ones!] My only New Year's resolution was to feed our family more nourishing food, and so far I feel like it's going pretty well. I am still slowly but surely trying to simplify our home.I did a major clean out of my wardrobe and am now very satisfied with my few plain skirts,tops, and dresses. I really think I was meant to be Amish or Mennonite or something:) I also have cleaned out and organized our linen closet and pantry. A long way to go, but good to just do little bits when I can. I've found that job charts for the kids just don't work for us at this point, but they each have two or three "jobs" that they know are theirs and are getting better at doing them without complaint when I remind them. Sam is Amazing at taking care of his guinea pig. He gives him food, hay, and veggies each day without being asked. I'm so proud of him!:)
I guess that's all for now. Just wanted to write a few notes on our domestic part of life as it really is a big chunk of our days.
All for now,
Jen

1 comment:

ann.e said...

hahahah I was laughing out loud to myself at those pictures of Amelia hugging the cider.

lovely post :) you're doing [and always have done] an amazing job at being a homemaker and mother!! inspired. Seems so simple, but why haven't I given Vera one or two specific jobs?? She will have some by Monday... :)