Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hello world, I'm Jubilee Rose!


I was born on September 16th and weighed a whopping 8lbs 4oz (at least I hear that is whopping compared to what my big brother and sister weighed:). I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself sooner. It's been kind of a crazy first week and a half.

See, my mama was in the middle of laboring really hard to get me out, when she developed an infection (her water had been broken for almost 24 hours) and started running a high fever and shaking and then I started having a hard time and oh, it's a long story that she will tell sometime, but I had to be born by csection. Turns out I had an infection too and needed to stay on antibiotics for a week and so we were in the hospital for 7 days. My mom and dad were really bummed, but thankful I was ok. It was a rough week. Lots of pricks and pokes. Lots of tears. Mom says their was a lot of goodness too, and she'll tell you about it later.



We are home now, though, and life is good. Well, life is good and still a little crazy. Everybody except me and mom got food poisoning the other night. Mom says there is entirely too much bodily fluid around here! Ick.
Anyway, my favorite things at this point in my life are:
1. Being close to my family.




(My brother Sam loves me too, just not quite so affectionately as Amelia yet and so mom hasn't been able to get a picture:)
2. I love to be swaddled. Thankfully my dad is a pro and mom and mammy are getting better.

3. I love to stare at faces just like all the books say, but I think I like to stare at this part of the family bed even more. I just gaze and gaze at it when I'm awake:)


4.And milk, how did I forget about milk?! I love it a lot too.

I guess that's all for now. I'm glad to be here, getting to know my family and some of you too. Thanks for your patience as we adjust to being a family of 5. Mama says it takes lots of grace with each other, that's the main thing. I guess I'll learn what she means when I get older.

Lotsa love, Jubilee

7 comments:

capturing said...

Ah! Jenny! She is beautiful! I loved your sweet post! And woa, what a big, good weight she was/is!! Way to go Jubilee!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking forward to this post.

She is a beautiful, healthy looking baby girl!!

Love to you all,
anna

Elizabeth said...

she's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Jocelyn said...

So, so precious!! So thankful she is home and healthy. And her name just makes me smile! Congratulations Hunt family (again)!

Jstar said...

Welcome little one!

the schilps said...

welcome jubilee!! we are so thankful you are here. you have quite the wonderful family!
love
the schilperoorts

Jana said...

Precious baby girl, precious family! Congratulations & praise God!!