Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nesting. Resting.

The third trimester. It's something I didn't experience last pregnancy. I didn't know what it felt like to nest, nor to need so much rest!

I enjoyed my little "nesting phase" so much. It truly felt warm and cozy and...driven at the same time. Joel finding me chiseling out some detergent build up in the washing machine at 11pm because "it needed to be done...now!". Washing and drying all of the diapers and itty bitty clothes. Organizing my storage area was a big one. Not sure why I needed all of my children's books organized by category before baby came, but now we have a little library with non-fiction animal/general non-fiction/fiction/seasonal/and preschool sections:) Getting little Jubilee's space ready. It was all just sweet really. I still feel like we have more to go, but it has to stop for now. More on that in a minute.





Now, don't let me fool you. This third trimester has been fun and productive in many ways, but I have also been very.tired. I have spent much time resting, trying to get my feet from getting too swollen in the heat (I still say I prefer a summer pregnancy any time to a winter one. At least living here!), trying not to feel overwhelmed in the late afternoons when I just want to lay down but there are things that must be done, children that need attention and food, trying not to feel frustrated when family was here visiting and I just felt like a bump on the log most of the time.
Can I just say again, thank the Lord that my mom has been here!! Also, Sam and Amelia still nap most days if I lay down with them, and so we spend our mid afternoons reading and napping and that has helped a bunch as well.


Yesterday I had a visit with my midwife and my blood pressure was too high;/ A bit of protein in my urine plus high blood pressure equals an order for me to be resting for 70% of the day to get my BP down and keep it down so that I can go into labor naturally and they don't have to induce. Whew, that was a blow!
Thankfully, I am almost 38 weeks. Full term! Jubilee can come anytime she wants now:) We are just going to take it one day at a time. Joel checked my BP yesterday afternoon after resting, last night, and this morning and all three times it has been back to normal, so yay for that! Such sweet friends offering to let Sam and Amelia come and play while my mom is at works, sweet mom and Joel jumping in as soon as they get home. I have lots to be thankful for. Though I know Sam and Amelia are ready to have their mama back in gear, and I am ready to be back in gear, I am going to try and make the best of these last days/weeks spent with just the two of them. Whew, it is so strange just to write that!
As this pregnancy draws to a close, I feel such a mix of peacefulness and thankfulness, frustration and anxiety, bursts of energy and weariness. It's all jumbled up in there and I guess I'm okay with that. It's life, isn't it? Pregnancy and labor and birth are an intense piece of life, and I guess all of those emotions come with it.
Mostly though, no matter what may come, I hope that I remember the Lord's faithfulness to us. Whether in joy or sorrow, He is faithful to be there and to show his love. He has been there through this pregnancy, every step of the way. Through the beauty and joy and through weakness and weariness. I believe that with all of my heart.

All for now friends,
Jen

2 comments:

ann.e said...

thinking of you! I can't believe I haven't even seen little Jubilee's space yet, looks so sweet :) So glad things are going well with your blood pressure. The same, I need to get her little gift ready because she is going to be here sooon!

the schilps said...

jenny, that just made me so happy, and of course teary :) what a gift jubilee has already been. i am thrilled for you, sharing all of this from far away. thinking lots of peace and rest and energy these next days.
love you, my friend.
abbe