Sunday, August 21, 2011

Joel has taken the kids on several hiking/camping trips this summer. It has been a little sad seeing them go and not getting to see them in action as I stay home to rest. They all three just come alive in the mountains and it is one of my very favorite things to see! However, I love that they are making these memories with Joel and I love that they have a daddy who takes them on adventures and I love that we live in a place where they get to experience such amazing beauty!

Joel is also really good about sending me pictures while they are gone and filling me in on cute conversations he overhears. etc. This one just about made me cry:

Amelia: " How'd you get up there, Sam?"
Sam: " Mena, I'll show you."
Amelia: " You're a brave man Sam."
Sam: " Here Mena, hold my hand. I'll take care of you!"
Amelia: "Ok, thanks Sam!"
Sam: " Mena, if you start to slide down, I can catch ya. I can handle this. I can handle you. I'll catch you."

Sigh, good for a mama to hear after lots of bickering this past week (we have been shut in due to Amelia having impetigo. We were all going a little stir crazy). Being in the outdoors brings out the best in both of them. In all of us, really. I'm hoping Jubilee and I will be able to join them for some great fall hiking before it gets cold again.






All for now, Jen

3 comments:

Megan Sandoz said...

Man it is so gorgeous there! What a wonderful thing to enjoy so close to home! And such precious time spent together. Love you guys.

Jocelyn said...

GORGEOUS pictures. And that little conversation... oh my... it's what keeps us mammas going! Too precious!

the schilps said...

oh my word, who is that mini jenny staring back at the camera??!! i mean, seriously. so so fun. enjoy these next few weeks with your deary twins.

love you, friend.