Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer love...

Finally, the sunshine has officially arrived! It is so much fun to fill our days with outdoor outings, back yard picnics, and watermelon galore. I love coming inside during the "heat" of the day to rest and then seeing them head back out in the evening with Joel to water the plants and get some last minutes of play in. It's just good for my soul. Even just looking outside and seeing sun shining and roses blooming and cherries ripening, it's enough to make my heart glad.

Amelia was literally shaking when she burst inside to announce that our first rose had bloomed. It is still a highlight of their day to go out with Mammy to help her pick the roses. I love, love, love having mason jars of fresh cut roses all over the house.


Outdoor outings like Red Butte Garden...playing in the fountains, climbing through the tunnels, chasing dragonflies, making "secret hideouts" out of ivy houses, playing in the sand pit...our love for that place just grows!





The zoo had this great dinosaur exhibit with life size dinos that made noise and moved and some that spit water! The kids were a little unsure (they were HUGE) but after I assured them that they were not real they were pretty fascinated:)

Our own back yard is pretty great these days as well, especially with a Mammy here who loves to do things with the kids like hula hoop and make jewelry and take them for a walk around the neighborhood:)




Of course, there is fun to be had inside as well...painting and coloring and making brownies with mama, and studying bugs with Mammy.




It's just a fun season, isn't it? I mean, of course there are bugaboos like later bedtimes and grumpy mornings, adjusting to a new rhythm, etc. but for the most part I just love it. I want to gobble it up while I can. My third trimester starts on Monday and I imagine my body will be slowing down and so I just want declare how thankful I have been for the 2nd trimester energy that finally kicked in. This is such a short time before baby comes and a season ends, the season of the four of us, you know? Anyway, more about all of that soon. Hope you are enjoying your days!! Jenny

1 comment:

ann.e said...

great post!! hope you're enjoying the cozy rain and thunder today - little break before it gets super hot :)