Monday, November 15, 2010

A little too quiet.

Well, the goodbyes have been said and a few tears shed as we bid farewell to the Hunts. So many people balk when we say that our parents/in-laws are staying with us for six weeks. "Woah! How long?! I can't even imagine that!" After living in Hawaii where it is the norm for generations to live together, it seems kind of funny for it to be such a big deal, but I get it. Living together can be hard. I can honestly say, though, that the four of us live well together, and that six weeks seems, in many ways, way too short! I think over the years we have learned to have lots of grace towards one another, which is essential. We all have quirks of course, but I think we have learned to look past them in order to focus on our strengths. Let me tell you, Jim and Shari have many. They leave us with a heart of thankfulness, for all of the ways they love us, for the wonderful grandparents that they are, for the way they love our friends and community--it's such a gift to us.







The house was a little too quiet with everyone gone today. No drilling or hammering coming from the basement (have I mentioned that Jim left us with a new bedroom/bathroom in our basement?!), no Shari in the kitchen cooking yummy things or filling her cup up with ice again or sneaking bleach into the cabinet to clean with (tee hee). No evening card games, no family dinner, no lively games of Boggle, or Grandpa chasing the kids around the house....yep, a little too quiet.
As we get back into the rhythm of our days, we will miss the bustle but will look forward to our next visit for sure.
Memories I don't want to forget:
Apple picking
Applesauce making
Boggle addictions
"Oh no! I don't think they are going to release me!"
"WHAT'S TODAY?!"
" God, thank you for Grandma and please help her to ask before she eats my food.":)
" Grandma, you have really beautiful lips."
Train trip to Ogden
Thanksgiving dinner

and much more.
All for now,
Jen


No comments: