Monday, December 14, 2009

Swirling colors...





As the snow is piled up outside, we chose to have a art filled morning inside! We were equipped with new paint from IKEA and an art cabinet that I finally pulled together last night in order to have supplies ready and waiting for use. Oh how this cabinet makes me excited for future homeschooling days:) I just love organized learning supplies! Anyway, they had a fabulous time swirling paint and telling each other, "Oh, good job." I overheard that they were painting planes, rainbows, rockets, and cats.


They were very messy afterwards and so I plopped them in a bubble bath and started folding some laundry (yes, we fly out tomorrow for Texas and yes I should be packing that laundry and yes I am procrastinating:). I went over to the tub to scrub them and Sam said, "Get out of the bafroom!" What?! Um, what?! I knew the day was coming when they would want to play without mama getting in the way, but up till now they ALWAYS wanted me near them. To the point where I would complain about it and say that they were not very independent and wondered aloud if they would cling to me forevermore. Why do we always want what we don't have? We do we always want the next stage to come and then so often wish we could go back? They have been playing so much on their own the past couple of weeks. With their cars and blocks and animals and such. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Growing up before our eyes.

All for now. The next post will probably be from Texas (where it better be getting warmer for my arrival:), Jen

4 comments:

Jana said...

Yeah!!! I am praying for an uneventful, safe flight!

ann.e said...

fun, I love those bright pictures!! I think we opened up our paints first thing in the door :)

still up for playing this afternoon? I can even watch while you fold/pack some laundry :) vera is already "down" so anytime this afternoon is fine.

capturing said...

Jen I am thinking the same thing, "It better be warmer upon my awakening!" hehe :) I love your art cabinet and your babes wonderful masterpiece! Maybe I will see you while you are in Texas?! I could meet you where ever is convenient for you, but I don't want to intrude at all on precious family time...

Sarah H said...

Those paint colors just look so happy! Hope you have a lovely trip to Texas.